So me and my buddies from LPUniversity made this game our challenge game this week. Oh boy, this game is evil...
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
is there ever going to be an android release?????????
is this game ever going to get a Android release?
What a great game !!
Really enjoyed this one!! :D Not much to it though but still awesome! :D
Stay Rad Everybody!!
Hey, thank you for taking a look into the prototype. Please keep the video up. I'm still struggling with myself if I should continue in that project. There is a similar looking game on mobile devices called Poke. Btw. that one tunnel crash in your video was a probably a bug, usually you're invincible while driving through tunnels. Anyways, thanks and I'm glad you like it.
Edit: Also this one looks quite fun too. http://www.mediocre.se/commute/
I'll check out that suggestion soon. If you want my two cents, as long as your game is unique in any sort of way, you shouldn't feel like you're ripping someone else's game off. You put the effort into making it sure! Best of luck with whatever your future endeavours may be, I'll keep an eye out for any of your other projects!
Also I found the Apocalypse mode by accident while playing around on my own time. Clever, and difficult to get!
You're right, it's not that hard to get 100k points once you get the controls. The way you took is also one of the easiest routes through the city. Never thought on a walk through of my prototype. But I like it, thank you! :)
About the maps, I'm not sure if this project will be continued yet.
So... is this just a direct copy of Tree Men Games' Pako - Car chase simulator? or have you actually changed the code in any way?
Don't take this the wrong way, I like to see content creator get praise for their work, and if you wrote the code for this then good work. It just looks and plays a lot like Pako. still great game and I'm glad its been ported to PC.
Hey, just found out about that one. Yeah it's probably a similar concept. My one was just a prototype for the graphics and I took Chicago'90 from my C64 as the base and made it as a endless driving thing. It's nothing special on that kind of games I guess, but I like from Pako that the controls looks more advanced.
I downloaded the game and beat the normal and hard highscore in about 10 minutes
Fun game, I enjoyed it very much.
Here some improvments I would suggest:
1. Change up the music a bit. It gets pretty annoying hearing the same 10 second riff over and over and over.
2. When you enter a tunnel you should be exit the other tunnel from the same position you came in through, because I could abuse this a bit by coming in to the tunnel from weird angles and exiting safe
3. There's a bug (or feature?) that when you exit a tunnel you are invincible for a second. Which means that I can run over any cars when I exit a tunnel without damaging my own or even losing points. Although I think you should in some way be able to at least react when you exit a tunnel, otherwise tunnels would be a deathtrap.
4. The car auto-adjust itself to stick to the road, but the annoying part is that sometime it does and sometimes it doesn't. And this can get really annoying when I one time tap a direction and the car moves a bit to that direction and then auto-adjust while other times I tap in a direction and the car doesn't auto-adjust and I go offroad. Be more clear when the car will auto-adjust or have the car do it all the time or no time at all.
5. A master slider for audio would be nice, so that I won't have to minimize the game and do it through windows.
6. Gamepad support (this can obviously be added further down the line, but it would be nice to have)
7. Being able to press enter or space to quick restart a level after failing it. Because you have your hands on the arrow keys or wasd.
8. Being able to rebind keys (for obvious reasons).
Another long list of improvements. Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the feedback! As many of the raised points I get, I totally agree with your topics too. Like the tunnel thingy. I just made the car not destroyable for a second or so. It's dirty but works for the basic concept of the prototype. Since some of your topics are also good for other game projects, I'll put your feedback on my todo lists as well.
Love your game: simple and clean, not to mention fun, addicting and (occasionally) infuriating too :P
For a improvements there are only a couple of minor things I would suggest:
- A wider range of resolutions/aspect ratio support
- Playing on a 1280 x 1024 I am confronted with the options of playing it windowed or having the sides go off the screen (not a major problem, but something you might want to look into).
- You might also want to include these in the in-game menu (I had to hold control down to access the unity options).
- Keyboard Customisation:
- Being able to adjust your hand-brake to spacebar would be nice, though again, only a minor option.
- Perhaps more advanced options for graphical settings:
- Though this is quite a low-GPU intensive program, you might want to consider adding in the possibility to have altar individual options, eg. particles, the blur effect at the edges (or is that just my brain fooling me?) etc.
- And finally, a simple one: to be able to completely use the keyboard to navigate the menus:
- I notice that you are able to use left/right (or a/d) to switch between the high score tables, but being able to press "enter" to select the option highlighted would be beneficial (using left/right to change the highlighted option). Eg. in the menu, being able to press right (d) twice to get to Settings
(sorry for the long message)
Really - thanks a lot for your feedback, also I glad you like it and I agree with the topics you raised here. Some of them are already on my list, but I'll add the missing ones too :)
I really like this game. Even though I'm not very good at it! It's super fun, so I made a video of a playthrough I did here:
Hey another let's play of that game. Thank you very much. Glad you like it! :
This game starts not on the mainmonitor on a multimonitorsetup where the right one is the mainmonitor.
Yes, unfortunately that happens on some system configurations. Try holding down the control key while starting the game. That should show up the Unity3D config screen. It allows to change the target render display.
Where do you want bugs reported? :)
Thanks a lot. I actually rebuild the UI three times until it wasn't that messy for such simple tasks. Glad you like it.
Awesome game! It tests the sanity of all living beings who will ever play it! Defiantly going to give it a try on mobile! But seriously awesome game would love to see more!